It’s warehouse application projects like these – the unique, challenging or ‘out of the box‘ applications – that keep Mallard’s engineering design and in-house testing team on their toes. And in this case, we mean that literally as they created a carton flow rack solution (sans the carton) for a major automotive accessories manufacturer.
While at first glance this looks like a pallet flow solution, it is Dyna-Flo HD that was the right fit for these automotive supply products. Check out the process and the video test.
The Gravity Flow System Design Challenge:
The customer needed a heavy-duty, first-in, first-out (FIFO) system for each-pick product selection that also made the best use of a limited warehouse footprint.
As you can see from the video, the use of the slip sheets properly engages the carton flow wheels and, at the 3/8” per foot pitch, the product is gently flowed to the pick aisle for extraction.
The Carton Flow Rack Solution:
- Automotive floor mats, stored in poly bags, are removed from the master carton and stacked on heavy-duty slip sheets to maximize the product cube.
- A steel impact tray is added to the charge side to make it easier for workers to stack and hold back the floor mats until engaged by the carton flow tracks with a slight push.
- Product is picked to conveyor at the discharge end of the system
- Dyna-Flo HD carton flow
- 3/8″ pitch
- 3 carton flow tracks, each 16″ wide,
- Wheels on 2″ centers
- Slip sheets for product stacking
- Impact tray at charge side
- Lane dividers are used to separate SKUs
If you have a unique order processing or inventory challenge, let us evaluate and test your product in our in-house testing lab to ensure proper pitch, wheel base and track design to meet your specific criteria.
Call Mallard’s gravity flow experts to help solve your carton flow challenges.