They say, “You learn something new every day.” You’ve probably heard it a hundred times before, maybe more, but isn’t it true? Even for those of us on the job a very long time. It’s certainly the case for the Mallard team; we get the opportunity to learn something new with each customer and every project we have the privilege of working on. And we hope our customers learn a few things from us too! This recent pick module project is a perfect example …
A national discount department store retailer wanted to improve order fulfillment efficiencies for high volume each-pick orders using a “put” system vs. a traditional case-pick application. They needed to create a quick and ergonomic way to pick these items and transfer the completed tote orders to the takeaway conveyor.
- Inbound conveyor brings boxes containing single SKU, high volume items to the center of the module.
- Cartons are scanned for each-pick distribution to appropriate totes located on Dyna-Flo carton flow shelving
- Light bars on carton flow shelf (not yet installed in above photo) indicate which totes to “put” the items.
- Once the tote order is complete it is pushed up the Dyna-Flo tracks onto a center takeaway conveyor
- Totes are consolidated and palletized for store distribution
Dyna-Flo Carton Flow Advantages vs. Shelving or Skate Wheel:
- Wheeled tracks provide a more efficient and ergonomic means to push totes to conveyor
- Full wheel bed shelf allows flexibility to use different or varying totes sizes
- Dyna-Flo is more affordable than skate wheel solutions
Call the experts at Mallard with your next gravity flow, pallet flow or carton flow challenge – together we’ll create a custom solution that solves the problem and improves efficiency.
(800) 243-6694 (USA only)