It’s projects like these – the unique, challenging or ‘out of the box‘ applications – that keep Mallard’s design and testing team on their toes. And in this case, we mean that literally as they created a carton flow solution (sans the carton) for a major automotive accessories manufacturer.
The customer needed a heavy-duty, first-in, first-out (FIFO) system for each-pick product selection that also made the best use within a limited amount of space.
- Automotive floor mats, stored in poly bags, are removed from the master carton and stacked on heavy-duty slip sheets to maximize the product cube.
- A steel impact tray is added to the charge side to make it easier for workers to stack and hold back the floor mats until engaged by the carton flow tracks with a slight push.
- Product is picked to conveyor at the charge side of the system
As you can see from the video, the use of the slip sheets properly engages the carton flow wheels and, at the 3/8” per foot pitch, the product is gently flowed to the front for picking or replenishment.
- Dyna-Flo HD carton flow
- 3/8″ pitch
- (3) tracks, 16″ wide, wheels on 2″ centers
- Slip sheets for product stacking
- Impact tray at charge side
- Dividers are used to separate SKUs
If you have a unique application challenge, let us evaluate and test your product in our in-house testing lab to ensure proper pitch, wheel base and track design to meet your specific criteria.
Call Mallard’s gravity flow experts to help solve your carton flow challenges.
1-800-243-6694 US Only