Dyna-Flo carton flow – it’s flexible for changing carton sizes and SKUs – space-saving by over 50% vs. conventional shelving – super-efficient for faster order selection and …. easy to install. With our DYI instructional video series, you can jumpstart these benefits by retrofitting your own pallet rack with Dyna-Flo carton flow tracks – all in just a few simple steps. Take a look….
Here’s a quick recap of the instructions for those who’d rather a text book version:
Tools & Materials:
- safety glasses, tape measure, drill with bit driver, wrenches
- Dyna-Flo, full-length mounting brackets (load end is shorter, unload end is longer)
- 1/4’” bolts, 1/4″ nuts, tec screws, retention angles
Step 1: Laying out your pallet rack
- Layout your racking to create a 1” to 1 ½” per foot slope
- Install the cross-beams per manufacturer specifications
- Attach the full-length mounting bracket centering left to right
- Note: the load end is the shorter bracket
- The step on the bracket must sit flat on the beam
- Insert a tec screw in every hole on bracket – repeat for load and unload ends
Step 2: – Load and Test
- Using the 1/4″ nuts and bolts, install the retention angles at each end of both brackets
- Locate the load end by finding the blank axel
- Load first section of Dyna-Flo into rack
- Make sure it sits flat on the brackets
- Conduct a flow test to ensure slope is sufficient
- Install remaining sections of Dyna-Flo to fill out the bay
The full-length mounting bracket is just one of several different mounting bracket types available. Selection is dependent on your beam type. Take a look at our recent blog for the full graphic, or download our 6-page carton flow brochure – back cover.
For increased visibility and easier access to each picks, also consider adding a Dyna-Flo Tilt Tray. Cartons flow from load end as in a typical system, with the first carton pushed gently onto a tilted tray located at the discharge side. Cartons placed in the tilted position adds better visibility and accessibility.
Call for carton flow selection advice or a quick budgetary quote. We can also test your cartons in our in-house testing lab or provide a test level in your facility.
1-800-243-6694 US Only