Case Pick Pallet Separators (CP-100 Series)
Take the Pressure Off Your Case-Picking Operation
If your employees are hand-picking cases and cartons from pallets in pallet flow lanes, then you need to consider the back pressure being applied at the pick face. Back pressure is the combined weight of the rear pallets that transfers to the front pallet. When left uncontrolled, back pressure can injure workers, and damage inventory and equipment. Mallard case-pick separators can change all that. The 3D video above shows how quickly and easily the case-pick separator works to alleviate back pressure and improve case selection and ease empty pallet removal.
Here’s how to calculate that pressure: Back Pressure = .06 x weight/pallet x number of pallets in the lane
E.g. .06 x 1200 x 5 = 360 lbs. of extra weight pressing down on the front pallet. In a deep-lane configuration that amount can multiply into the thousands!
Mallard’s case-pick separator holds and locks rear pallets a comfortable 4” to 6” behind the front pallet allowing cases to be picked and the empty pallet safely removed. Rear pallets are released to index forward with a simple foot-operated latch.
- Isolates front pallet/eliminates back pressure
- More efficient order picking
- Safer removal of empty pallet
- Can be used with all wheeled applications (skate wheel, Magnum wheel)
- Foot-operated pallet release
- Requires an additional 4” to 6” in overall lane depth
- Speed controllers required for 3-4 deep applications
- Requires a center rail next to the separator to prevent pallets from sagging
- Not for use with forklifts