Dual Pallet Separators (DP Series)
Improve Safety & Relieve Back Pressure in Extra-Deep Pallet Flow Lanes
Dual Pallet Separators are uniquely designed to work in tandem in deep-lane and extra-deep lane pallet flow systems (lanes up to and over 20 pallets deep). Dual pallet separators increase the safety and effectiveness of deep-lane pallet flow by reducing the back pressure inherent in the sloped system design. Back Pressure is the force exerted from the weight of the rear pallets onto the front pallet.
The pallet separators are installed in strategic positions along the lane to stop pallets and hold them in place until the front pallet is safely picked. Once the front pallet position is clear, the separators again are automatically triggered to release the rear pallets and advance down the lane. When in position, the pallet separators hold and lock rear pallets back about 6″- 12″ from the front position pallet.
Here’s How to Calculate Back Pressure:
.06 x (pallet load weight) x # of pallets
When designing the pallet flow lane, you must account for back pressure which is significant for lower level picking applications but even more critical at higher elevations where the forklift mast capacity is reduced.
· 5-deep system with 2,500 lb. pallet loads — .06 x 2,500 lbs. x 4 pallets = 600 lbs. additional weight
· 20-deep system with 2,500 lb. pallet loads — .06 x 2,500 lbs. x 19 pallets = 2,850 lbs. additional weight
Dual Pallet Separator Advantages
- Relieves the back pressure on the lift truck
- Prevents product damage
- Promotes dependable restart and controlled flow
- Increases productivity with easier forklift handling
DP 600 Design Considerations
- Installed beside center rail in 3-rail lane
- Requires an additional 24” to overall depth of the pallet flow lane
- Must use a full-surface captive pallet
- 30,000 lbs. max per lane
- Full pallet in/out – no case picking