Flex Separator (FS Series)
High-volume, case picking from floor-mounted pallet flow is made safe and efficient with Mallard’s Flex Separator. The flex separator is mounted in the pallet flow lane to hold and lock rear pallets a comfortable distance behind the front pallet. That small separation between the front pallet and the rear pallets removes the back pressure of the rear pallets that would otherwise rest upon the front pallet.
Why is removing back pressure important?
Back pressure is approximately 6% of the full weight of all rear pallets combined. As an example:
- 5-deep pallet flow system with 2,500 lb. pallet loads
Back pressure = .06 x 2,500 lbs. x 4 pallets = 600 lbs.
- 19-deep pallet flow system with 2,500 lb. pallet loads
Back pressure = .06 x 2,500 lbs. x 19 pallets = 2,850 lbs.
In a deep-lane pallet flow configuration, the weight of the back pressure makes it extremely difficult and dangerous for an individual to lift and remove the front pallet once it has been emptied of inventory. With the back pressure removed, and the front pallet isolated, the front pallet is easily lifted out. Rear pallets are released to index forward with a simple foot-operated latch and the front pallet is once again automatically isolated to start the process over again. Simple, efficient, safe & economical solution for floor-level case picking.
Flex Separator Series Advantages
- Eliminate back pressure in floor-mounted pallet flow
- Remove empty pallets safely and easily
- Install in case-picking applications 4-8 pallets deep
- Choose from Mallard wheeled and roller pallet flow systems
- Release rear pallets with a simple foot pedal
FS 200 Design Considerations
- Compatible with GMA, CHEP & pallets with cross boards
- For use with pallet depths of 32″ – 48″
- All pallets must be the same depth
- Requires 12” separation between 1st & 2nd pallet
- Installed beside center rail for wheeled 3-rail system