Welcome back to Mallard MeetUp! Meet Jessica Blaine… whose middle name we’re pretty sure is, Can I Help? Jessica is currently our Customer Support Coordinator, but her career at Mallard actually began 18 years ago as a summer intern.
Starting as a receptionist/data entry support person, Jessica has moved on to customer service, quotes generation, accounting and order processing. As Mallard has grown and things have changed so have her roles, but she’s always had a connection to the customer service & shipping functions… and that’s where you’ll find her today. Here’s what Jessica has to say:
A typical day at Mallard:
From small parts shipments all the way up to our multi-truckload jobs, once an order is thru our planning dept it comes to me. I work side by side our production manager, Jim Schultz, to keep schedules up-to-date & on-time. My favorite part is working with our customers! I make sure that things are on-schedule from their end and ensure they’re ready to receive product on-site. This also includes firming up our shipment schedule, getting delivery contacts and/or any special instructions. We greatly understand the importance of delivering on time when crews are on-site waiting for product to arrive. I do anything I can to help ensure this happens.
I am here to help in any way possible from the smallest question to the biggest emergencies at the end of the day. I’m always willing to jump in and help! Any scheduling, shipping, or delivery questions – I’m your go to gal!
Jessica’s Favorite Things:
- My Family is my #1 besides my job that helps support them😉. My husband, Jeremy and I have been married for 14 years and we have 2 wonderful daughters who keep us on our toes, daily. We spend a lot of time w/ my parents, Dave & Jean Bushman, my mother-in-law, Diane Blaine, as well our brothers & sisters… and my 2 sweet nieces.
- Family Trips or Vacations! Last year we celebrated my mother-in-law’s birthday with a trip to Key West, FL. This summer we went on a family trip to Tennessee and celebrated my parents 50th Anniversary. We also enjoy going to Cubs games and Notre Dame football games to name a few…
- Spending time with my best friend, Trisha, whether we’re eating & enjoying a cocktail (or two), shopping, or just spending quiet time (without the kids) catching up.
- I greatly enjoy my Hallmark Movies (all year round!) I do also love the “Chicago” TV series – Chicago Med, Fire, & PD. What a combo, I know!
- I love to shop – especially when it helps support our customers like Home Goods/TJX, Ulta Beauty, Target, DSW, Amazon, and many others…
I started here as an intern while in college. I thought it would be temporary and I’d get some office experience. After a few months, things changed, and the internship turned into what has become my career. That was 18 years ago!
This place is like a second family. It’s great to see how both the company has grown, and at the same time, many of my co-worker’s families & my own have as well. With the incredible growth Mallard has experienced there has also been growing pains; however, our team works together so well, and we support each other through it all. I’ve learned so much here (things they would not think to teach in college) and I’m still learning daily. My favorite part of the job is working with our customers some of whom I’ve grown to know quite well over my 18 years here. I am always here to help in any way possible whether I have the answer or not😉.
Education & Experience:
I earned my AAS degree in Office & Administrative Services – Legal Assistant and a Certificate in Business Management.
I also have 10 years of retail sales experience, which helps in many ways with my job.