Another new friendly face…
We’re meeting up today with one our newest gravity flow specialists, Inside Sales Coordinator, Pete Haglund. Pete is a local resident (a.k.a. knows where to find the best food) with a legacy of material handling in his family (i.e. smart family).
The world of gravity flow rolls through Pete’s hands at Mallard as a main hub for processing customer RFQs and POs. In his position, he performs a foundational role in our quest for 100% customer satisfaction.
Here’s more about what makes Pete, Pete.
A typical day at Mallard:
I work mostly in my office receiving and reviewing Requests for Quotes (RFQs). Some RFQs are more nuanced than others so I work with our Sales Manager, Al Blair to double check for any essential details that need to be included. Once we have a handle on the scope of the project we finalize the quote and send it to the customer.
I also spend time receiving Purchase Orders and submitting orders. When submitting orders, I make sure there are no details lost in translation with the engineering team. I also request data sheets from customers so we can make sure our product will match up with the rack being used. I also answer phone calls from potential customers and help them further understand our products.
Pete’s Favorite Things:
- My family, my dad John (also works in the material handling industry) and my mom Debbie, brother Andrew 27, who lives in Champaign, IL and is the Senior UX Designer at Nutrien Ag Solutions.
- Playing darts, golf and pick-up basketball with my friends.
- Going to Mexico for vacation with other family and friends.
- I love sports, primarily Chicago sports teams (Cubs, Bears and Bulls). I love going to games with my Dad.
- Powerlifting/Strength Training at Westwood Fitness & SportsCenter.
- Huge fan of Game of Thrones, The Office, Big Mouth and Black Mirror.
- Really enjoy cooking steak and omelets.
- Enjoy comedy shows.
Education & Experience:
I have a Bachelor’s degree in Enterprise Leadership and a Certificate in Sustainability from the University of Iowa. I graduated in the spring of 2017. I have now been with Mallard since May of 2018!
My dad has had a great career in material handling and encouraged me to get into the industry. It just so happens that Mallard Manufacturing is in my hometown, so it was a great fit for me. I really enjoy the culture here and how easy going and nice everyone is! I have already learned so much in my short time here and I am excited to see what the future holds!