Layer Pick Separator (LP-400)
Step-Up Layer Picking Efficiency with Pallet Flow
Layer picking uses specialized forklift clamp or suction attachments to select one or more carton layers in a single pick vs. hand picking each carton. This allows for building multi-SKU custom pallets faster and less expensively… but layer picking with pallet flow increases those efficiencies even further.
As you can see from the video above, layer picking from pallet flow equipped with Mallard’s LP-400 pallet separator can measurably improve your efficiency.
As opposed to picking from floor stacked pallets, a dynamic pallet flow system provides a secure pick face pallet that is automatically replenished once the empty pallet is removed. Having the reserve storage waiting in que in the pallet flow lane means no delay in layer picking operations to restock the pick lane. The layer pick separator is key in this operation because it holds the rear pallets several inches behind the front pallet.
LP- 400 Series Advantages
- Up to 4-deep layer pick applications with speed controllers
- No manual case-pick
- Automatic separator reset
- Use with all pallet flow track types
- Easy, unrestricted removal of empty pallet
- Automatic pick face replenishment
- Larger gap required (18”-24”) depending on layer picker type
- Split rail needed at both ends for full roller option to prevent damage
- Additional forklift training needed
- Empty front pallet must be removed slowly triggering rear pallet release
- Minimal slope