Mallard Manufacturing Introduces Updated Line of Pallet Flow Separators
Sterling, IL – Mallard Manufacturing Corporation, leading manufacturer of gravity flow solutions, is announcing their expanded line of pallet separators. Pallet separators are a critical safety component in many pallet flow rack systems. The job of the pallet separator is to hold rear pallets back from the front “pick-face” pallet, relieving pallet forces (or back pressure) so that the front pallet can be easily extracted. Once the front pallet is removed, the pallet separator is released allowing a controlled forward advance of the rear pallets.
Pallet back pressure is approximately 6% of the combined weight of the rear pallets and is calculated by multiplying .06 x (maximum pallet load weight) x # of pallets.
3-deep system, 2,500 lb. load. Back pressure = .06 x 2,500 lbs. x 2 pallets = 300 lbs.
20-deep system, 2,500 lb. load. Back pressure = .06 x 2,500 lbs. x 19 pallets = 2,850 lbs.
“Distributors and manufacturers rely on Mallard pallet flow rack solutions for space-saving, efficient order fulfillment” says Kevin Risch, President of Mallard Manufacturing. “Our extensive line of custom pallet separators was developed to help customers improve order picking productivity for a variety of applications while ensuring worker safety and productivity.”
Pallet separators differ in terms of the type of release mechanism (i.e. foot-release, automatic, pneumatic) and are specified for the pallet flow lane depending on pallet weight and pitch.
Mallard Pallet Separator Product Options:
- Case-Pick Separator (CP-100 Series) — Holds rear pallets back 4”-6” from the pick face. Foot-operated release
- Flex Separator(FS-200 Series) — Added safety for deeper lane, floor-mounted, case-pick operations
- Forklift Separator(FL-300 Series) — Automatic pallet release engages when forklift removes front pallet
- Layer Pick Separator(LP-400 Series) — Separates front pallet until all cases are selected and empty pallet removed
- Ergo Cell Pneumatic Separator(PS-500 Series) — Isolate last pallet for boost to lift table or mobile cart via pneumatic controls
- Dual Pallet Separator(DP-600 Series) — Two separators strategically placed in deep-lane system for added safety
- Empty Pallet Return(EPR-700 Series) — Effective, ergonomic way to manage empty pallets and increase productivity
Mallard Manufacturing has a new 6-page product brochure and dedicated product web pages available for additional information. Both include detailed product descriptions, specifications, photos and 3D illustrations for each of the 7 pallet separator products. Video links are available on the website so that customers can view the pallet separators in action.
About Mallard Manufacturing – Founded in 1960, Mallard Manufacturing Company is a leading international resource for the design and development of quality engineered gravity flow, pallet flow and carton flow systems. From a single bay of carton flow shelving to deep lane pallet flow and complex pick modules, Mallard’s team of gravity flow experts develop custom solutions to solve the toughest material flow challenges. Centrally located in Illinois USA, Mallard’s production facilities are equipped to handle project requirements of any size and scope.