Forklift Separator (FL Series)
Forklift Extraction Optimized
The Mallard Forklift Separator is designed specifically for deep-lane, multi-level pallet flow configurations. Like our other pallet separators, the FL-series is designed to hold back rear pallets from exerting force on the front pallet thus allowing for simple extraction of the front pallet. The forklift separator is triggered once the front pallet is lifted by the forklift, allowing the rear pallets to then gently glide forward to replenish the pick face. Once the front pallet is in place, a hold-back device is automatically triggered to stop the rear pallets a safe distance from the front position. Isolating the front pallet and removing back pressure of the rear pallets is even more critical at higher elevations where forklift mast capacity is reduced.
Back pressure is the combined weight of the rear pallets that transfers to the front pallet. When left uncontrolled, back pressure can injure workers, and damage inventory and equipment. Mallard pallet separators can change all that. The 3D video above shows how quickly and easily the forklift separator works.
Here’s how to calculate that pressure: Back Pressure = .06 x weight/pallet x number of pallets in the lane
E.g. .06 x 1200 x 5 = 360 lbs. of extra weight pressing down on the front pallet. In a deep-lane configuration that amount can multiply into the thousands!
Forklift Separator Series Advantages
- Increases productivity with easier forklift handling
- Improves forklift and operator safety
- Designed for deep-lane, multi-level pallet flow systems
- Choose from Mallard wheeled and roller pallet flow systems
- Automatic release flows rear pallets forward when empty pallet is removed
- Provides easy integration with AGVs by removing rear back pressure
FL 300 Design Considerations
- Compatible with GMA, CHEP & pallets with cross boards
- For use with pallet depths of 32” – 48”
- All pallets must be the same depth
- Requires 12” separation between 1st & 2nd pallets
- Installed beside center rail of wheeled 3-rail system