Time is money. We all know this but in the competitive world of warehousing & distribution, time and money are critical commodities directly tied to getting products in and orders out as quickly, accurately and cost-efficiently as possible.
Mostly likely, you are already measuring:
- The time it takes to load and offload trucks
- How long it takes to select and replenish an order
- How much time is spent traveling between storage, fulfillment and staging areas
But what if you could accomplish all of these tasks even faster and as accurately (or better) without a huge investment? We have some simple, cost-effective steps you can take that will do just that.
Save Time and Steps in Pallet Staging Areas
We know of two tools in particular that you can use for more efficient product staging – the first will help you optimize space, manage inventory and reduce forklift use and travel time; floor mounted pallet flow. The 2nd is the nimble, fast, affordable pallet jack, that can quickly navigate its way on and off a delivery truck and back to the staging lanes. The challenge – They can’t be used together! Traditional pallet jacks can’t be used in conjunction with pallet flow lanes because their outriggers don’t lift to the proper elevation to handle the pallet (as with the forklift). That is until now…
Mallard’s new Pallet Jack Access Ramp for Pallet Flow enables the pallet jack to drive up the ramp to load and unload pallets. Ramps are constructed with heavy-duty galvanized material with “textured grip” surface to prevent pallet jacks from accessing the system too quickly or the operator slipping while entering or extracting the pallet. Simple solution… quick, easy and affordable execution.
Benefits – Floor Mounted Pallet Flow
- Reduces the number of forklifts and operators vs. bulk stacking
- Provides better space utilization – fewer aisles needed
- Reduces travel time – vehicles travel to staging lanes vs. full distance
- Maintains proper (FIFO) inventory rotation – critical for dated goods and food products
- Eliminates chaos and contention in dock area by separating order staging and put-away
Benefits- Pallet Jack Access Ramps for Pallet Flow
- Enables quick access to flow lanes from load or pick side
- Frees up forklift for order picking operations
If you’d like to hear more about this new Mallard accessory or discuss the variety of options available to suit your unique application, give the experts a call.
1-800-243-6694 US Only