Floor-level pallet storage is common in most warehouse operations to ensure maximized use of all storage space. Using Mallard floor-mounted pallet flow rack will not only optimize space, but transform this storage area into an organized and highly efficient case-pick operation. However, inherent to multi-deep pallet flow rack systems is the inevitable back-pressure of the combined weight of the rear pallets on the front pallet. The Mallard Flex Separator will eliminate the pallet flow rack back-pressure and reduce worker injury.
How Does It Work?
The flex separator is a foot-operated apparatus that effectively holds the rear pallets a safe distance behind the front pallet to completely relieve the weight of the gravity–fed rear pallets. It is most effective for high volume, floor level case-pick applications, with slightly deeper pallet flow lanes.
FS-200 Series Advantages
- Eliminates rear forces for lower level case-picking
- Recommended for 3-8 deep case-picking applications
- Can be used with all track types of pallet flow rack – wheel and roller
- Foot operated manual pallet release
- Design Considerations
FS-200 Series Considerations
- Requires an additional 12” to overall depth
- Speed controllers required
- Separator is mounted next to center rail with wheeled systems
- Roller systems require split rails at discharge/separator end to allow forklift access
Mallard has designed several pallet separator options for a variety of pallet flow rack applications. See the full selection here – Mallard Pallet Separator Product Options.
Download our new brochure to review our complete line of pallet separators Pallet Flow Separator Brochure. For more information or to contact a pallet flow rack specialist call or email us at:
1-800-243-6694 US Only