Indirect Mount Speed Controllers for Pallet Flow
Superior Pallet Control Hidden in Plain Sight
Speed controllers provide a necessary control mechanism to maintain a safe, measured pallet flow and speed as they advance down the lane. Acting as a sort of braking device, the speed controller slows the pallet and prevents it from gaining too much speed in the gravity-inspired process. Slowing the pallet provides better lane tracking which helps ensure that the pallet arrives squared with the lane opening at the pick face, thus facilitating a faster, easier forklift extraction.
Indirect mount speed controllers are mounted underneath full roller pallet flow systems and preferred in many cases because they do not make direct contact with the load. Indirect mounting is not recommended for use with steel containers or pallets with steel-bottom runners because of potential skidding of pallet over conveyor rollers. Mallard speed controllers are available in light, medium and heavy-duty options to best meet your pallet flow inventory needs.
- Ensures pallets flow safely down the lane at a controlled, steady speed
- Helps pallets track properly down the lane
- Durable construction – designed, manufactured and tested to last
- Ideal for freezer applications
- Used for full roller pallet flow and conventional gravity conveyor
- Available in light, medium and heavy duty options
- Can be used for roller centers up to 5″
- Note: anything greater than 4” requires additional rollers
- Installed with 2/3/4” centers